How does the TTC work?
You can “ride the Rocket” for $3.25 – remember to pay with exact change and grab a transfer as your Proof of Payment (POP) to transfer to alternate lines and subways. You can transfer between subway and ground routes only if you are making a one-way trip to a destination. You cannot hop on / hop off any part of the TTC. Want to ride like a Torontonian while you’re in town? Visit the TTC website
for information about alternate fares + passes for your length of stay.
How do I get to The Drake if I’m riding the TTC?
On the University line exit at Osgoode Station then after a quick ride west on the 501 streetcar to Beaconsfield Avenue, you’ll have arrived at 1150 Queen St. West.
How do I get to The Drake from Union Station?
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Head north on University Avenue, turn left on Queen Street and head west until you arrive at Beaconsfield Avenue. The Drake Hotel is at 1150 Queen St. West.
How do I get to The Drake from Pearson International Airport (YYZ)?
- - Hop in a car, Uber or cab and head south on Airport Road.
- - Once you meet HWY 401, take it eastbound to HWY 427 then south toward the QEW.
- - Continue on the Gardiner Expressway east toward Toronto.
- - Exit at Jameson Ave. and after turning right onto Queen Street West, stop at Beaconsfield Avenue.
It’s less than 1KM. We’re right at 1150 Queen St. West.
How do I use the UP Express?
Upon arriving in Toronto at Pearson International Airport, follow the “Train to City” signs in Terminal 1 until you see signs for UP Express. The Drake Hotel is conveniently located close to two UP Express stops: Union Station (directions above) or Bloor Station (1456 Bloor St. West).
If in a car, Uber or cab:
- - Head east along Bloor West to Dufferin St.
- - At Dufferin, head south to Queen St. West and turn left until you’ve reached 1150 Queen St. West at Beaconsfield Ave. It’s less than ½ km.
If using the TTC:
- - Exit UP Express Bloor Station and walk south to Bloor Street.
- - At Bloor, turn right and walk to Dundas West Station.
- - From Dundas West Station, head east on the TTC to Dufferin Station and transfer to the southbound Dufferin bus.
- - At Queen Street West, exit the bus and walk left on Queen St. West to 1150 Queen St. West at Beaconsfield.
How do I get to The Drake from Billy Bishop Airport (YTZ)?
Hop in a car, Uber or cab and head north on Bathurst. At Queen Street West take a left. Travel west on Queen Street West, stop at Beaconsfield Avenue- it’s less 1.7KM. We’re at 1150 Queen St. West.