Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel is excited to announce growth and development plans, inclusive of a new food and beverage location, Drake One Fifty in downtown Toronto set to open in 2013. After 9 years of acknowledged success on West Queen West we are looking forward to building upon our group of exceptionally talented hospitality professionals and are seeking a new FOOD + BEVERAGE MANAGER to join our opening team. This role provides a unique opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative manager who is looking for a rewarding hospitality career and exceptional opportunities for advancement.
With a focus on Drake One Fifty’s cocktail and beverage business, we are seeking a candidate with a combination of skills and experience that include operational excellence in a high volume business, as well as a proven track record for outstanding food + beverage service, a deep understanding of Bar + Cocktail culture and team leadership. The ideal candidate will bring management experience from a similar environment, as well as best practices in guest service, staff management, operations, safety and compliance. Candidates with prior experience opening a new restaurant
In joining our F+B management team, you will be bringing experience in hiring, training and mentoring an exemplary front of house team. You will have a demonstrated track record in achieving set objectives in sales, labor cost management, employee retention, customer service and satisfaction, health + safety, AGCO/legal compliance and cleanliness standards. You are a genuine and natural leader, who believes in the art of hospitality and who takes great pride in the Drake and our offerings.
Reporting to the General Manager, Drake One Fifty, you will be responsible for the oversight of the Cocktail + Beverage program for the property, working in close partnership with Drake Hotel Bar Manager who is responsible for driving the beverage program across all properties.
While on shift, your role will include, but not be limited to:
• Understanding, adhering to and executing all F+B operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
• Ensuring a unique and genuine guest experience by empowering staff to resolve issues, while acting as a supportive and active leader who will manage situations as they evolve
• Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labor cost and service standard parameters
• Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness
• Ensuring that AGCO, municipal and provincial laws are being adhered to
• While on shift, working in tandem with Security team to ensure all capacities are both constantly maximized and within legal limits, while maintaining the guest experience
• Ensuring that during late night hours, each of our guests are treated with respect and care
• Where needed, liaising with bands, Dj’s to fulfill their events needs and/or troubleshoot any unforeseen issues
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in a fine or casual dining environment
• Strong preference given to candidates with a minimum ISG , WSET or comparable Level 1 wine training
• Exceptional knowledge of bar and cocktail culture and global trends
• Awareness of current culinary trends in the marketplace
• Operations management experience in a high volume establishment with significant evening and late night business
• Experienced trainer and mentor to large staff teams
• Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading a diverse team of industry professionals
• Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
• Excellent organizational skills, with timely delivery of all required administrative work
• Experience with Aloha, Microsoft Office and Caterease a strong asset
• Flexible to work evenings and weekends and holidays
• Smart serve certified
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org please list “F + B Manager” in your subject line.
Applications will be accepted until June 21st, 2013 with interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role at The Drake Hotel, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca
Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel